Friday, July 26, 2013

Football &my life

It was only at college that I started watching Football.Ever since then, I reckon my knowledge of the game has improved.

It was EPL that most of them at college followed and I too was sucked into this whirlpool of sporting madness.

Initially, my observation was the team with excellent strikers would win the match.I always analyed matches through this framework and would predict results & argue with this myopic game view.

After few years I understood it is equally important for a team to have quality defenders as good strikers.
So  my attention also engulfed how a team performed defensively.I would ponder over formations at  the back and how defenders organised themselves.

It was a delight to see  Right Back and Left back charge through the wings to provide that extra width to the attack.

At this point of time, my knowledge of midfielders were awful.I found them an unwanted groups of guys running around on the field.

Over the years, after watching quantifiable number of games, I was, sought of enlightened-actually, Midfielders are GODS on the ground.

The create, distribute, score and are the real gladiators on the field.My admiration for them grew exponentially.

With time, Strategies, formations and mind games started to give me that extra kick.

Build up to matches were as interesting as the match itself and it extended my exuberance for the game beyond 90 mins.

Things have changed a bit now.With more priorities of life taking my time, I find it difficult to keep track of the games new intricacies & happenings.Nevertheless, Chelsea continue to be the team I support & try to keep updated.

And, life goes on so does football.Don't know when the my 90 mins gets over.




No comments:

Post a Comment